Rubber meets the Road…
Welcome to all the new people that have joined the Dream since the last email blast. There is alot of exciting updates so make sure to read all the way through.
I have been pretty quiet for the last 2 weeks but for good reason. After getting some awesome information in Toronto, it took a while to go through it all and make some decisions. Up until now, it has been a shoe string budget (my kids piggy bank, really). However, we are now moving into the realm of real money. This is where the rubber meets the road. It has been a great education in finance and public relations and the next step will likely be the same as paying for those 2 full degrees in one cheque. It is also going to mean postponing/changing other plans for my life over the next few months. A decision I could not make without my best friend (yes…my wife). You gotta let me try and score some brownie points here because I have not been home much since all this started.
What does all this mean? We are hiring, in my humble opinion, the A-team to get this done. It is an historic opportunity that lays before us and it is not just me that thinks we can pull this off now.
So the game plan is:
1) Finalize the legal framework with our awesome lawyers ((trying to score some pro bono work with that compliment…awesome and lawyer aren’t two words you see together that often) so I don’t get arrested when I ask you for actual money.
2) Choose a PR firm to help get this out there to anyone who hasn’t heard yet or still thinks this is a scam
3) Choose a lead bank to help us be able to accept actual money without getting arrested (see the theme here of trying to stay out of jail??) The securities commission sure is funny about these rules they have when you ask people for their hard earned money
4) Figure out exactly what you are going to get for your investment…which means to make sure we know exactly what we are getting into as MLSE is a private company.
What is the timeline now?
As soon as possible because we would like to roll this out before the Stanley Cup is raised.
I will be coming to Toronto shortly so keep an eye out for updates. Would love to get a chance to hang out with everyone that I did not meet on my last trip.
Here is what we need from you:
1) Keep getting the word out. We are now well over 8000 emails in the door and over $100 million in pledges. A long way to go but please keep the buzz going.
2) Pix for Tix. We will decide by the time the Stanley Cup is raised, who will win 2 tickets to the Leafs home opener for 2011. Get your photos in. Here is my new favourite so far:
You see the theme for the this email about not getting arrested…I swear I was not riding in the back to get this photo…it was submitted….honest.
So, what can YOU do to earn some FREE TIX for the opening home game next year? Help get the Dream out there by:
Going to http://ownthemapleleafs.com/?page_id=17 and print off for your car/business/office. We are going to give away a pair of tickets to the opening game next year for the best photo of Own The Leafs Logo in your community. Be creative and make your own poster too…
Send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org or post up on the Facebook page.
Facebook.com/owntheleafs As I write this email, we are now at 2656 likes. Post on the facebook wall when you think we will hit 5,000 likes and 1,000,000 likes and the person with the closest answer for time (EST) wins an Alberta Steak dinner for two courtesy of Own the Leafs. If your guess has passed, feel free to enter again.
Follow along on twitter @owntheleafs we have over 330 followers now.
Check back often to owntheleafs.ca
Believe in the Dream!
PS “If you want to be happy, set a goal that comman your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes” — Andrew Carnegie